By: Joseph R DesJardins (Author)
282 pages, no illustrations
How can you use the study of philosophy to make progress toward solving environmental problems? Environmental Ethics, 5/e, International Edition introduces you to ethical theory in new and easily understood ways. But most of all, this environmental ethics textbook shows you how we can work together to build a better future.
I. BASIC CONCEPTS
1. Science, Ethics, and the Environment
2. Ethical Theory and the Enivornment.
II. ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AS APPLIED ETHICS
3. Ethics and Economics: Managing Public Lands
4. Responsibilities to Future Generations: Sustainable Development
5. Responsibilities to the Natural World: From Anthropocentric to Nonanthropocentric Ethics.
III. THEORIES OF ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS
6. Biocentric Ethics and the Inherent Value of Life
7. Wilderness, Ecology, and Ethics
8. The Land Ethic
9. Deep Ecology
10. Environmental Justice and Social Ecology
12. Pluralism, Pragmatism, and Sustainability
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985