716 pages, 16 plates with 92 colour photos; 414 b/w illustrations, 339 b/w distribution maps
In association with the International Rice Research Institute. Spiders are among the most omnipresent and numerous predators in both agricultural and natural ecosystems, and without them insect pest populations would spiral out of control. Riceland Spiders of South and Southeast Asia provides a comprehensive illustrated guide that can be used by specialists and novices to identify these spiders. A total of 339 species belonging to 134 genera within 26 families are recognised. Of these, 253 species and 7 genera are new to science. The work represents a major contribution to the literature.
- External anatomy
- life history
- materials and methods
- a key to identification of families of Philippine spiders
- description of families
- spiders and their relatives
- classification of the spider families
- spider diversity in Philippine rice environments
- distribution maps of riceland spiders
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!