This handy pocket-sized book provides practical information and assistance to anyone engaged in small-scale surveys on the ground. This has become the standard text in this area for use in the field. The experience of the well-respected author of the first three editions combined with the cutting edge knowledge of the new co-author means that the fourth edition will retain its place as one of the most popular handbooks in applied geophysics. The 4th edition now includes comprehensive updates on the use of GPS and new sections on surface wave seismics, borehole geophysics and towed array systems.
New to this edition:
- Updated section on Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) to include multichannel methods.
- New section on surface wave seismics (a method that has been languishing in the background for many years but is now becoming very popular).
- New section on borehole geophysics (crosshole/downhole seismics, crosshole res, crosshole GPR. Formerly restricted to 'large-scale' operations but now becoming more routinely applicable).
- Section on towed array systems (becoming increasingly popular for large accessible areas).
- Major update of section on use of GPS.
...a valuable addition...recommend it to all those involved...a mine of readily accessible information...
- Archaeological Prospection, Vol 11(2), April-June 2004
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
Preface to the Third Edition
Preface to the Fourth Edition
2 Gravity Method
3 Magnetic Method
4 Radiometric Surveys
5 Electric Current Methods: General Considerations
6 Resistivity Methods
7 SP and IP
8 Electromagnetic Methods
9 Remote-Source Electromagnetics
10 Ground Penetrating Radar
11 Siesmic Methods: General Considerations
12 Seismic Reflection
13 Seismic Refraction
14 Seismic Surface Wave Methods
15 Maps, Mapping and GPS
Appendix: Terrain Corrections for Hammer Zones B to M
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!