Volume 8 focuses on the Tethys oceanic realm and introduces new concepts such as 'transit plates' and 'seuils lithospheriques.' Contributors include new guides to understanding the distribution of Tethyan mineral and organic resources, and present insights into the role of carbonate platforms. Chapters are abundant with maps and illustrations.
"A voluminous encyclopedia of Tethyan geology and, as such, it provides an invaluable source of information for those interested in this region, and Earth history in general [...] The book is a must for the libraries of universities and geologic institutions.''
– Palaios, October 1997
- Kinematic Section: The Plate Tectonic History of the Past Tethys Ocean (L.E. Ricou)
- Apparent Polar Wandering Paths for North America, Europe, Africa, Laurussia, and West Gondwana Since the Upper Carboniferous: A Review (J. Besse et al.)
- New Geologic Data: Late Carboniferous to Recent Geodynamic Evolution of the West Gondwanian Cratonic Tethyan Margins (R. Guiraud, Y. Bellion)
- Crustalscale, Thrust Complex in the Rhodope Massif: Evidence from Structures and Fabrics (J.P. Burg et al.)
- Paleogeographic Reconstructions: Late Permian to Late Triassic Tethyan Paleoenvironments (J. Marcoux, A. Baud)
- Synthetic View: Tethyan Carbonate Platforms (J. Philip et al.)
- Radiolarians and Tethyan Radiolarites from Primary Production to Their Paleogeography (P. De Wever et al.)
- Paleoenvironments and Organicrich Facies Deposition in the Tethyan Realm: Toarcian, Kimmeridgian and Cenomanian Time Intervals (F. Baudin, J.P. Herbin)
- Geodynamics of Bauxites in the Tethyan Realm (P.J. Combes, G. Bardossy)
- Tethyan Phosphates and Bioproductites (J. Lucas, L. Prevot-Lucas)
- From Tethys to Panthalassa: The Role of Tethys in the Evolution of the Northern Andes between Late Permian and Late Eocene Times (E. Jaillard et al.)
- Conclusions: The Tethys: An Ocean Broken by Seuils Lithospherique (B. Vrielynck et al.)
4 additional articles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985