441 pages, b/w photos, illustrations, tables
This important resource – Technologies for Detection of DNA Damage and Mutations – thoroughly reviews a wide range of techniques used in mutagenesis research-ranging from established techniques to recently developed methodologies-based on the polymerase chain reaction. DNA damage analysis, DNA repair assays, and mutation detection are a few of the techniques featured. Chapters present detailed experimental protocols benefiting researchers and students in the fields of toxicology, biotechniques, molecular biology, photobiology, medical genetics, and oncology.
''Useful and timely.''
''Of considerable value.'' – Journal of Medical Genetics
''Quite readable [...] a comprehensive overview [...] perfectly covers the needs of those researchers who have to decide on the best strategy to identify damage or mutations at the molecular level.''
– Trends in Cell Biology
''The formats of the presentations are uniform and ample and up-to-date references are provided at the end of each chapter [...] will be welcomed by postgraduate researchers of all ages and should retain its usefulness for a long time.''
– Endeavour, 21(4), 1997
Technologies for Detection of DNA Damage
- Microgel Electrophoresis of DNA from Individual Cells: Principles and Methodology (N.P. Singh)
- The Cytokinesisblock Micronucleus Technique (M. Fenech)
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis for DNA Damage Analysis (R. Drouin et al.)
- 32ppostlabelling for Detection of DNA Adducts (R.C. Gupta)
- A Postlabelling Assay for Oxidative Damage (M. Weinfeld et al.)
Technologies for Detection of Mutations
- Heteroduplex Analysis (D. Glavac, M. Dean)
- Mutation Analysis by Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis (DGGE) (R. Fodde, M. Losekoot)
- Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism Analysis (T. Sekiya)
- Twodimensional Gene Scanning (D. Li, J. Vijg)
- Ligase Chain Reaction for the Detection of Specific DNA Sequences and Point Mutations (R.B. Wallace et al.)
Mammalian Systems for Mutation Analysis
- Detection and Characterization of Mutations in Mammalian Cells with the pSP189 Shuttle Vector System (M.M. Seidman)
- The HPRT Gene as a Model System for Mutation Analysis (V.M. Maher, J.J. McCormick)
- Bacteriophage Lambda and Plasmid lacZ Transgenic Mice for Studying Mutions in vivo (J. Vijg, G.R. Douglas)
- The Use of lacI Transgenic Mice in Genetic Toxicology (J.G. de Boer et al.)
- Genotypic Mutation Assay (RFLP/PCR) (F. Aguilar, P. Cerutti)
16 additional articles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!