Focuses on the interface between cytogenetics and molecular biology in humans, animals and plants.
Partial table of contents:
Part 1 Opening lecture: from chromosome number to chromosome map - the contribution of human cytogenetics to genome mapping, M.A. Ferguson-Smith
Part 2 Chromosome structure: molecular cloning and characterization of human centrometric autoantigen CENP-C - a component of the inner kinetochore plate, W.EC. Earnshaw et al.
- characterization of the telometric region of human chromosomes., D.R. Higgs et al.
- the vertebrate genome - isochores and chromosomal bands, G. Bernardi
Part 3 The nucleolus: ribosomal genes and nucleolar morphology, F. Wachtler et al.
- nucleolar proteins during mitosis, D. Hernandez-Verdun et al.
- ribosomal RNA gene expression and localization in cereals, A.R. Leitch and J.S. Heslop-Harrison
- compartmentalization of the cell nucleus - case of the nucleolus, I. Raska and M. Dundr
Part 4 Evolution: chromosomal divergence and speciation in grasshoppers, G.M. Hewitt
- chromosomal variation in the Sceloporus grammicus complex (Sauria Phrynosomatidae), J.W. Sites Jr.
Part 5 Cancer: deletions of chromosome 5 in malignant myeloid disorders, M.M. Le Beau
- chromosomal abnormalities in solid tumours, S. Hein
- non-radioactive in situ hybridization to metaphase and interphase nuclei of malignant cells, R. Berger
Part 6 Genome analysis 1: microdissection of GTG-banded chromosomes and PCR-mediated cloning, U. Claussen et al.
- molecular cytogenetics - biology and applications in plant breeding, J.S. Heslop-Harrison and T. Schwarzacher
Part 7 Genome analysis 2: molecular organization of genes and repeates in the large cereal genomes and implications for the isolation of genes by chromosome walking, R.B. Flavell et al.
- fragile sites and unstable elements, R.I. Richards and G.R. Sutherland
- the "AZF"-function of the human Y chromosome during spermatogenesis, P. Vogt et al.
Part 8 Sex chromosomes: unpaired sex chromosomes and gametogenetic failure, P.S. Burgoyne and S.K. Mahadevaiah
- mammalian sex determination - what have we learnt from a chromosomal design fault?, P. Koopman
- evolution of the mammaliam XY pairing segment, W. Schempp and R. Toder
Part 9 Meiosis and aneuploidy 1: the questionable role of the synaptonemal complex in meiotic chromosome pairing and recombination, J. Loidl
- meiotic nodules in vascular plants, S.M. Stack et al.
- the origin of non-disjunction in humans, T. Hassold and S. Sherman
Part 10 Meiosis and aneuploidy 2: studies on maternal age-related aneuploidy in mammalian oocytes and cell cycle control, U. Eichenlaub-Ritter
- minisatellite mutation and recombination, J.A.L. Armour et al.
- the M26 homologous recombination hotspot - sequences, factors and chromosomal context, W.P. Wahlis and G.R. Smith
Part 11 Imprinting and methylation: parental imprinting and epigenetic programming of the mouse genome - long lasting consequesces for development and phenotype, W. Reik et al.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!