UV-B and Biosphere summarizes the current status of knowledge related to effects of UV-B radiation to plant life, ranging from gene to ecosystem level. Responses to UV-B radiation of marine, fresh water and terrestrial ecosystem processes are covered. In addition the interaction of UV-B with CO2 enrichment, temperature increase and other environmental factors is considered.
UV-B and Aquatic Ecosystems
1. UV-B Effects in Aquatic Ecosystems; D.-P. Hader
2. UV-damage to Plant Life in a Photobiologically Dynamic Environment: The Case of Marine Phytoplankton; W.W.C. Gieskes, A.G.J. Buma
3. Effects of Acute and Chronic UV-B exposure on a Green Alga: A Continuous Culture Study Using a Computer-Controlled Dynamic Light Regime; A. Veen, et al.
4. Role of Ultraviolet-B Radiation on Bacterioplankton and the Availability of Dissolved Organic Matter; G.J. Herndl, et al.
5. Physiological and Structural Changes in the Chloroplast of the Green Alga Micrasterias denticulata by UV-B Simulation; C. Lutz, et al.
UV-B and Terrestrial Ecosystems: General and Methodological Aspects
6. Uses of Biological Spectral Weighting Functions and the Need of Scaling for the Ozone Reduction Problem; M.M. Caldwell, S.D. Flint
7. Outdoor Supplementation Systems for Studies of the Effects of Increased UV-B; A.R. McLeod
8. In Assessing Biological UV-B Effects, Natural Fluctuations of Solar Radiation Should be Taken into Account; R. Santas, et al.
UV-B and Physiology of Terrestrial Plants
9. Beneficial Effects of Enhanced UV-B Radiation under Field Conditions: Improvement of Needle Water Relations and Surviving Capacity of Pinus pinea L. Seedlings During the Dry Mediterranean Summer; Y. Manetas, et al.
10. UV-B Radiation Effects on the Mediterranean Ruderal Dittrichia viscosa; M. Stephanou, V. Manetas
11. Effects of Solar UV-B Radiation on Growth, Flowering and Yield of Central and Southern European Bush Bean Cultivars (Phaseolus vulgaris L.); M. Saile-Mark, et al.
12. Morphological and Physiological Response of bean Plants to Supplemental UV Radiation in a Mediterranean Climate; F. Antonelli, et al.
13. The Effects of Enhanced UV-B Radiation on Germination and Seedling Development of Plant Species of a Dune Grassland Ecosystem; M. Tosserams, et al.
14. Leaf Thickness and UV-B Absorbing Pigments of Plants in Relation to an Elevational Gradient Along the Blue Mountains, Jamaica; J. Rozema, et al.
15. Reaction of Savanna Plants from Botswana on UV-B Radiation; W.H.O. Ernst, et al.
16. The Impact of Elevated UV-B (280-320 nm) Radiation Levels on the Reproduction Biology of a Highland and Lowland Population of Silene vulgaris
Interactions of UV-B with Environmental Factors
17. Effects of UV-B Radiation on Terrestrial Plants and Ecosystems: Interaction with CO2 Enrichment; J. Rozema, et al.
18. Effects of Increasing UV-B Radiation and Atmospheric CO2 on Photosynthesis and Growth: Implications for Terrestrial Ecosystems; J.H. Sullivan
19. The Combined Effects of CO2 and Supplemental UV-B Radiation on Faba Bean: Leaf Optical Properties, Pigments, Stomatal Index and Epidermal Cell Density; A.J. Visser, et al.
20. Effects of Solar Ultraviolet-B Radiation, Temperature and CO2 on Growth and Physiology of Sunflower and Maize Seedlings; U. Mark, M. Tevini
21. Combined Effects of Enhanced UV-B Radiation and Nitrogen Deficiency on the Growth, Composition and Photosynthesis of Rye (Secale cereale); G. Deckmijn, I. Impens. UV-B and Terrestrial Ecosystems
22. Effects of Enhanced UV-B Radiation and Elevated CO2 Concentrations on Sub-Arctic Heath Ecosystems; D. Gwynn-Jones, et al.
23. The Effects of UV-B Radiation on European Heathland Species; L.O. Björn, et al.
24. Differential Effects of Elevated Ultraviolet-B Radiation on Plant Species of a Dune Grassland Ecosystem; M. Tosserams, et al.
25. Stratospheric Ozone Reduction and Ecosystem Processes: Enhanced UV-B Radiation Affects Chemical Quality and Decomposition of Leaves of the Dune Grassland Species Calamagrostis epigeios; J. Rozema, et al.
26. The Role of Interactions Between Trophic Levels in Determining the Effects of UV-B on Terrestrial Ecosystems; N.D. Paul, et al.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!