Environmental physiology and comparative biochemistry are shifting to a new level of focus-the gene. New developments in molecular biology have put simplified techniques for screening and analysis of gene expression into the hands of physiologists and biochemists who are using these for novel explorations of organismal responses to environmental stress. Selected topics cover both animal and plant systems to focus on recent advances in gene expression responses to environmental stresses including low and high temperature, freezing, oxygen limitation, reactive oxygen species, nutrient restriction as well as environmentally-cued programmed cell death. Environmental Stress and Gene Regulation highlights the latest techniques and approaches for exploring the regulation of gene expression and illustrates, in selected systems, the interactions between genes and environmental stress that underlie adaptive responses.
- Stress-induced gene expression in freeze-tolerant and anoxia-tolerant vertebrates
- HIF-1 and the molecular response to hypoxia in mammals
- The role of reactive oxygen species in oxygen-dependent gene expression
- Freeze-resistance strategies based on antifreeze proteins
- Environmentally induced gene expression: poikilotherm responses to cold
- Temperature-regulated muscle genes
- Influence of cold on gene expression in mammals
- Small heat shock proteins: in search of functions in vivo
- Approaches to the analysis of cold-induced barley genes isolated through differential screening of a cDNA library
- Dying according to programme: occurrence in plant developmental processes in response to environmental cues
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985