By: Institute of Civil Engineers
First published in 1983, this guide has established itself as a popular text for civil engineers and professionals, from a range of disciplines, concerned with the practice of land drainage and the legal implications of drainage operations.
This fourth edition has been fully updated to reflect the significant changes in legislation and statutory bodies since the last edition was published. This includes the move to a risk-based approach in environment management and the planning process, resulting in greater control of development on flood plains.
Specifically, the following developments have been incorporated:
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004
- Water Act 2004
- EC Directives, including EU Floods Directive 200760/EC on the assessment and management of flood risks
- Planning Policy Statement 25: Development and Flood Risk
- Draft Flood and Management Bill
- Scottish Draft Flooding Bill
- Recommendations made in the 2007 Pitt Review
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985