Focuses on the behaviour of mosquito larvae and adults and the functioning of their sense organs. It also reviews knowledge of the circadian rhythms and other internal mechanisms that regulate the onset and timing of different behaviours.
- Introduction - cycle, rhythms, and other periodicities in mosquito behaviour
- larval integumental sensilla
- adult integumental sensilla - their structure, physiology and connections with the brain
- the antennae and hearing
- larval eyes and vision
- adult eyes and vision
- behaviour and aspects of the biology of larvae and pupae
- adult circadian rhythms
- the regulation of adult behaviour
- the modification of adult behaviour by geophysical and climatic factors
- genitalia and associated organs
- feeding on plant sugars
- the sources and characteristics of host cues
- host finding
- mosquito-host interaction
- egg laying
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985