64 pages, Runtime: 55 min
This disc is protected to play on players that are encoded for certain regions, and might not work in other countries. For more information, please consult the FAQ.
Digitally re-mastered on DVD, this unique film includes a new commentary by Roger Kemp plus a picture library and location guide to every British butterfly. Also included is a 64-page pocket-size field guide.
- Interviews with the author highlighting the changes to the environment over the last 30 years and how the butterfly population reflects this.
- Detailed descriptions of all British butterflies with colourful illustrations in video and still formats to aid identification in a quick and easy reference guide.
- Descriptions of the major habitats of butterflies: Woodland - Grassland - Chalk & Limestone Grassland - Fens - Moorland - Heathland - Gardens - Hedgerows
- Listing and illustrations of the food sources of butterflies and where they can be found. Often, depending on the preferences of each butterfly species, these food sources and their location are the keys to butterfly conservation and encouragement.
- Maps showing the general and sometimes very limited distribution of each species as at the end of the 20th century.
- Review of the place of butterflies in history.
Jewels in the Air
by Barbara in the United Kingdom (17/11/2012)
I purchased this hoping that it would help me to improve my ability to identify butterflies in flight, but the quality of the moving pictures, although digitally remastered from hand-held super8 film I considered to be so poor as to be of little use. There is a lot of other information, but I would not recommend it to learn about or to enjoy butterflies in flight.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!