The proceedings of the Thirteenth International Basement Tectonics Conference follows in the footsteps of earlier symposia in highlighting the current status of geological and geophysical investigations in basement-dominated regions of the world. A significant number of papers deal with the tectonics of terranes – their transport, accretionary history and recognition. New petrologic, structural geochemical and geochronologic data from nine countries on four continents provide the framework for the interpretation of processes associated with basement tectonics. Topics range from structural, petrologic and isotopic interpretation of Grenville events to magmatism associated with rifting. Broader keynote papers deal with topics ranging from the geodynamics of the Early Precambrian to the identification of new tectonic belts in the Baltic Sea Region.
Selected Proceedings Papers
- Geotectonics and Characteristic Features of Fertile and Non-Fertile Younger Granites, Eastern Desert, Egypt; F.S. Bakhit, et al.
- Structural Associations of the Basement and Sedimentary Cover of the Georgian Part of the Caucasus; L. Basheleishvili
- The Eastern Edge of the Rio de la Plata Craton: A History of Tangential Collisions; N. Campal, A. Schipilov
- New Data and Interpretations for the Precambrian, Midcontinent USA; M.P. Carlson, et al.
- Allochthonous Units in the Variscan Belt of NW Iberia: Terranes and Accretionary History; J.R.M. Catalan, et al.
- Early Compression and Late Dextral Transpression within the Grenvillian Event of the Hudson Highlands, NY, USA; A.E. Gates
- Crust-Forming Processes: Basement and Basements in the Southern Appalachian Orogen; R.D. Hatcher
- Petrogenesis of Pan-African Granitoids, Gabal Hamra Area, Southwestern Sinai, Egypt; H.A. Hussien, et al.
- Geology of the Blue River Gneiss, Eastern Arbuckle Mountains, Oklahoma; E.G. Lidiak, R.E. Denison
- Zircon Ages of Basement Orthogneisses from the Northern Segment of the Araguaia Belt, Brazil; C.A.V. Moura, H.E. Gaudette
- Damodar Graben – A Centre of Contrasting Magmatism in the Eastern Indian Shield Margin; D. Mukherjee, N.C. Ghose
- A New Tectonic Belt in the Baltic Sea Region – Farther Interpretation of the Deep Seismic Results from the 'Baltic Sea' and `Babel-B' Profiles; A.A. Ostrovsky
- A Geochemical Reconnaissance of the Roseland Anorthosite Complex, Virginia, and Comparisons with Andesine Anorthosites from the Grenville Province, Quebec; B.E. Owens, R.F. Dymek
- Basement Tectonic Structures Delineated from Aeromagnetic Survey Data South Eastern Desert, Egypt; S.I. Rabie, A.F. Khalil
- Appalachians in the Time Interval Between the Grenville Orogeny and Variscan Collision; N. Rast, J.W. Skehan
- Geodynamics of the Early Precambrian: Evidence for the Baltic Shield; E.V. Sharkov
- Lead Isotope Mapping of Crustal Reservoirs within the Grenville Superterrane: II. Adirondack Region, New York; A.K. Sinha, J. McLelland
- Paleomagnetism of the Boot-Phantom Pluton and the Amalgamation of the Juvenile Domains in the Paleoproterozoic Trans-Hudson Orogen, Canada; D.T.A. Symons, C.D. MacKay
- Dengying Formation Gas System of the Sichuan Basin, Southwest China: Model for Precambrian Indigenous Hydrocarbon Accumulation; G. Zhang, et al.
- Morphology and Isotopic Age of Zircons from Shear-Zones within Granitoids of the Belomarian Tectonic Zone, Baltic Shield, Russia; T.F. Zinger, et al.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!