This textbook and reference contains full colour photomicrographs with short morphological descriptions. It provides the fundamentals for recognizing the normal and abnormal morphological features of blood cells of the common domestic species including dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, and llamas. The photomicrographs show many of the common, as well as some of the less common, blood abnormalities. A high proportion of the photomicrographs are of canine blood smears, but many of the abnormalities shown occur in other species as well. Those that are unique to one species are mentioned along with some of the more common diseases or pathophysiological states in which these abnormalities occur. Coverage is as complete as possible and there is a list of selected references to evaluate morphological features described in the book. Different cell types that are frequently confused with each other are contrasted. As well as selected references, the book contains two useful appendixes and a clear glossary of terms.
2. Normal Red Blood Cell Morphology
3. Variations in Red Blood Cell Morphology
4. Red Blood Cell Inclusions and Parasites
5. Normal White Blood Cell Morphology
6. Variations in White Blood Cell Morphology
7. White Blood Cell Parasites and Inclusions
9. Lymphoproliferative and Myeloproliferative Disorders
10. Miscellaneous Findings
1. Semiquantitative grading scheme for evaluation of red blood cell morphology
2. Semiquantitative grading scheme for evaluation of neutrophil toxicity
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!