By: Simon A Levin (Author)
250 pages, b/w photos, illustrations
Can the new science of complexity help solve the ecological crisis? Levin argues that our biosphere is the classic example of a complex adaptive system and discusses such question as: how much loss can an ecosystem bear before it starts to collapse? how resilient are these systems? do they in fact hover at the edge of chaos?
- Biodiversity and Our Lives: A Cautionary Tale
- The Nature of Environment
- Six Fundamental Questions
- Patterns in Nature
- Ecological Assembly
- The Evolution of Biodiversity
- On Form and Function
- The Ontogeny and Evolution of Ecosystems
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- Complexity and Commons
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985