880 pages, illustrations
The twenty-sixth edition of Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology delivers a concise, up-to-date overview of the roles microorganisms play in human health and illness. Linking fundamental principles with the diagnosis and treatment of microbial infections, this classic text has been updated throughout to reflect the tremendous expansion of medical knowledge that has taken place since the last edition published. Along with brief descriptions of each organism, you will find vital perspectives on pathogenesis, diagnostic laboratory tests, clinical findings, treatment , and epidemiology. The book also includes an entire chapter of case studies that focuses on differential diagnosis and management of microbial infections.
Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology, 26e introduces you to basic clinical microbiology through the fields of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology, giving you a thorough yet understandable review of the discipline.
Here's why Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology, 26e is essential for USMLE review:
- 750+ USMLE-style review questions
- 300+ informative tables and illustrations
- 23 case studies to sharpen you differential diagnosis and management skills
- An easy-to-access list of medically important microorganisms
- Coverage that reflects the latest techniques in laboratory and diagnostic technologies
- Full-color images and micrographs
- NEW Chapter-ending summaries
- NEW Chapter concept checks
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!