This invaluable reference handbook describes the fundamental principles and procedures underlying the successful isolation of viable, functionally intact haematopoietic and lymphoid cells, and their maintenance as primary cultures. It provides the technical information on the signals and mediators required for the differentiation and growth of these cells, and is designed for laboratory investigators with limited practical experience in cell culture. There are chapters on dendritic cells, T and B lymphocytes, monocytes and macrophages, NK and LAK cells, mast cells and basophils, as well as on haematopoietic differentiation of embryonal stem cells and on culturing murine thymic explants. Each chapter has been written by experts who have direct practical experience of the techniques and can therefore provide tips for the avoidance of common pitfalls, as well as an insight into the fundamental questions in cell biology and immunology which can be addressed using each cell culture model.
" [...] great value for molecular biologists in need to validate their in vitro findings using tissue culture systems. It will also be very useful to more experienced cell biologists. Altogether for anyone looking for the right conditions for tissue culture of haemopoietic progenitors and lymphoid cells, this is 'the book'."
- Jorge Caamaño, British Society for Developmental Biology
List of contributors
1. Haematopoietic differentiation of embryonic stem cells John Ansell and Nicholas Hole
2. Dendritic cells Jonathan M. Austyn, David Chao, Chen-Lung Lin, Justin A. Roake and Rakesh Suri
3. Murine thymic explant cultures Kim L. Anderson and John J. T. Owen
4. T cells Hergen Spits and Colin G. Brooks
5. B lymphocytes Anne E. Corcoran and Ashok R. Venkitaraman
6. Monocytes and macrophages James A. Mahoney, Richard Haworth and Siamon Gordon
7. NK cells and LAK cells Colin G. Brooks and Hergen Spits
8. Mast cells and basophils Gunnar Nilsson and Dean D. Metcalfe
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!