By: Sonia Akter(Author), Jeff Bennett(Author)
192 pages, Illustrations
This enriching book presents a holistic overview of climate change uncertainty and offers a number of pathways that could be used to account for such uncertainties in the stated preference valuation research. It shows that uncertainty plays an important role in determining the values of climate change mitigation benefits and as the authors say, 'If this uncertainty remains unaccounted for, there is a potential danger that the estimated economic values will misrepresent social preferences for public policy interventions to manage environmental externalities'.
Valuing Climate Change Mitigation discusses the role of uncertainty in valuing the benefits of climate change mitigation policies using contingent valuation and choice experiments techniques. It treats climate change using three dimensions of uncertainty: scenario, policy and preference. Conceptual frameworks are advanced to account simultaneously for these various dimensions of uncertainty. The authors then explore the impact of introducing these uncertainties into benefit estimates for the Australian Carbon Pollutions Reduction Scheme. The authors present frameworks to account for multiple uncertainty in environmental decision analysis that will prove invaluable for academics and students in the fields of environmental economics and management. Policymakers will also gain invaluable methodological insight.
1. Climate Change and Uncertainty
2. Uncertainty and Stated Preference Techniques: A Conceptual Overview
3. Uncertainty and Stated Preference Techniques in Practice
5. Public Perceptions, Understanding and Knowledge of Climate Change
6. Climate Change Uncertainty and Contingent Valuation Welfare Estimates
7. The Role of Global Co-operation
8. Climate Change Uncertainty and Choice Experiment Welfare Estimates
9. Determinants of Preference Uncertainty
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
my first port of call for ordering books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985