Series: Wetland Techniques Volume: 1
By: James T Anderson(Editor), Craig A Davis(Editor)
459 pages, 89 colour & 42 b/w illustrations, tables
Wetlands serve many important functions and provide numerous ecological services such as clean water, wildlife habitat, nutrient reduction, and flood control. Wetland science is a relatively young discipline but is a rapidly growing field due to an enhanced understanding of the importance of wetlands and the numerous laws and policies that have been developed to protect these areas. This growth is demonstrated by the creation and growth of the Society of Wetland Scientists which was formed in 1980 and now has a membership of 3500 people. It is also illustrated by the existence of 2 journals (Wetlands and Wetlands Ecology and Management) devoted entirely to wetlands.
To date there has been no practical, comprehensive techniques book centered on wetlands, and written for wetland researchers, students, and managers. This techniques book – Wetland Techniques, Volume 1: Foundations – aims to fill that gap. It is designed to provide an overview of the various methods that have been used or developed by researchers and practitioners to study, monitor, manage, or create wetlands. Including many methods usually found only in the peer-reviewed or gray literature, this 3-volume set fills a major niche for all professionals dealing with wetlands.
1. Study Design and Logistics David A. Haukos
2. Wetland Bathymetry and Mapping Marc Los Huertos and Douglas Smith
3. Assessing and Measuring Wetland Hydrology Donald O. Rosenberry and Masaki Hayashi
4. Hydric Soil Identification Techniques Lenore M. Vasilas and Bruce L. Vasilas
5. Sampling and Analyzing Wetland Vegetation Amanda Little
6. Monitoring Wetland Water Quality Joseph R. Bidwell
7. Wetland Biogeochemistry Techniques Bruce Vasilas, Martin Rabenhorst, Jeffry Fuhrmann, Anastasia Chirnside, and Shreeam Inamdar
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985