With the advent of new tools, research on the structure and fuction of fish has made tremendous progress in the last few decades. An attempt to integrate the new information was started when the first volume, edited by Prof. B.R. Singh was published in 1993. In the mean time the second and third volumes were published in 1997 and 2003 respectively. The fourth volume of Advances in Fish Research, Volume 4 includes research articles by well-known authors on several subfields of fish biology including feeding ecology, neurobiology, population dynamics, air breathing organs, prostaglandins and sexual behaviour, biometrics, and reproductive biology, etc.
Advances in Fish Research, Volume 4 aims at providing up-to-date information on different aspect of fish biology with an indication of potential areas for future research. We are sure, the book will cater to the needs of post-graduate students, research scholars and teachers interested in the fascinating field of fish biology.
1. Air-breathing fish: spectrum of gas-exchange organs and ventilatory mechanisms/J.S. Datta Munshi and G.M. Hughes
2. Respiratory eco-physiology of air-breathing fishes/N.D.P. Sinha
3. Neuropeptides and nitric oxide synthase in the respiratory organs of air-breathing fishes/G. Zacconne, A. Mauceri and S. Fasulo
4. Food intake, growth and conversion efficiency of Himalayan Mahseer Tor putitora Hamilton from Garhwal Himalaya/R.C. Sharma and D. Singh
5. Electron microscopy of Catfish Retina: Part-I functional cones in crepuscular and nocturnal species: Part-II Rods and associated structures/C.B.L. Srivastava
6. Occurrence of diversed Retinoids molecules in freshwater Piscian diversity/U.C. Goswami
7. Ovarian F-Prostaglandins induce the sexual behaviour of conspecific male Barilius bendelisis/J.P. Bhatt, R. Nautiyal, M.K. Purohit and M.S. Sajwan
8. Assessment of ecological health of fish populations of the upper reaches of Ganga (Garhwal Himalaya)/P. Nautiyal
9. Stressors effect on chromatophores, mucous glands and regulatory hormones/M.K. Das, S. Acharya and T. Dutta
10. Reproductive capacity of a Hill-stream Carp Crossocheilus latius (Ham.) in the river Mandakini of Garhwal Himalaya, Uttaranchal/A.K. Dobriyal, K.S. Negi and K.J. Bisht
11. Studies on the biometrics of an Rhinomugil corsula (Hamilton) from River Yamuna/M. Fatima, A.A. Khan, S.A. Untoo and S. Parveen
12. Impact of environment Hazards in decreasing fish productions of Indian reservoirs/U. Bhaumik, A.K. Das and T. Paria
13. Phytoxicity in fishes/S.S Patole and R.T. Mahajan
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!