The Alkalinity Pocket Checker is available in either a Fresh Water (HI-775) or Saltwater (HI-755) model. They offer a quick, simple and highly accurate method of measuring alkalinity from a water sample. They are ideal for checking water quality and have numerous environmental applications as well as being suitable for testing water from aquaria. The Saltwater model is purposely designed for saltwater aquaria and is particularly useful for coral reef tanks. Please note that the Saltwater model is not suitable for cold water aquaria.
The Alkalinity Checker uses a colorimetric method which causes a distinctive range of colors from yellow to blue to develop.
* Two sample cuvettes
* Cuvette cap
* Starter pack of reagents
* 1 x 1.5V AAA battery
* Instruction manual
Please note: Any chlorine present in the sample will interfere with the reading. To remove the chlorine interference add one drop of HI-93755-53 Chlorine Remover to the unreacted sample prior to testing.
* Range: 0 to 300ppm (freshwater), 0 to 250ppm (seawater)
* Resolution: 1ppm (freshwater), 0.1ppm (seawater)
* Accuracy (@25°C/77°F) freshwater: ± 5ppm ± 5% of reading
* Accuracy seawater: ±10% of reading (0-75) and ±5% of reading (75-250)
* Measurement method: Colorimetric
* Light source: Photodiode @ 610nm
* Light detector: Silicon photocell
* Method: Colorimetric method. The reaction causes a distinctive range of colors from yellow to green to blue to develop.
* Power supply: 1 x 1.5V AAA (included)
* Power auto off: After 10 min. of inactivity
* Environment (freshwater only): 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
* Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5”)
* Weight: 64g (2.25oz.)