+44 1803 865913
By: Alastair J Sinclair(Author), Garston H Blackwell(Author)
400 pages, 207 b/w illustrations, 68 tables
Applied Mineral Inventory Estimation presents a comprehensive applied approach to the estimation of mineral resources/reserves with particular emphasis on the geological basis of such estimations, the need for and maintenance of a high quality assay data base, the practical use of a comprehensive exploratory data evaluation, and the importance of a comprehensive geostatistical approach to the estimation methodology. Practical problems and real data are used throughout as illustrations: each chapter ends with a summary of practical concerns, a number of practical exercises and a short list of references for supplementary study. Applied Mineral Inventory Estimation is suitable for any university or mining school that offers senior undergraduate and graduate student courses on mineral resource/reserve estimation. It will also be valuable for professional mining engineers, geological engineers and geologists working with mineral exploration and mining companies.
" [...] useful at various levels from student to professional. It covers pretty much everything."
- Mineral Planning
1. Mineral inventory: an overview
2. Geological control of mineral inventory estimation
4. Statistical concepts in mineral inventory estimation: an overview
5. Data and data quality
6. Exploratory data evaluation
8. An introduction to geostatistical concepts
9. Spatial analysis: an introduction to semivariograms
11. Global reserve/resource estimation
12. Grade-Tonnage curves
13. Local estimation of resources/reserves
14. Simulation: an introduction to conditional simulation
15. Bulk density
17. Geostatistics and reality
18. Reserve/resource classification
19. Metal accounting
A.1. British and international measurement systems: conversion
A.2. US Standard sieves
A.3. Drill hole and core diameters
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Prompt and trustful service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985