Bats of Estonia and Adjacent Regions gives a summary of bat research carried out by Dr. Matti Masing and his colleagues in Estonia and elsewhere in Europe during the last 40 years. It is the first book about all 15 bat species found in and around Estonia. It includes three new bat species for Estonia found during the last 15 years of thorough detector-based research.
1. Bats of boreal Europe (review of species, habitats and research) 6
2. Bat species found in Estonia 27
3. Working with bats in Estonia 67
4. Learning bats in Europe and elsewhere 80
5. Selected sonograms of bat calls 88
6. Reflections of the busy past 92
7. Walking my way 106