+44 1803 865913
Edited By: MH Fulekar
246 pages, 106 illustrations, 26 in colour
Bioinformatics (computational biology) is a relatively new field that applies computer science and information technology to biology. In recent years, the discipline of bioinformatics has allowed biologists to make full use of the advances in Computer sciences and Computational statistics for advancing the biological data. Researchers in life sciences generate, collect and need to analyze an increasing number of different types of scientific data, DNA, RNA and protein sequences, in-situ and microarray gene expression including 3D protein structures and biological pathways.
This book is aiming to provide information on bioinformatics at various levels. The chapters included in this book cover introductory to advanced aspects, including applications of various documented research work and specific case studies related to bioinformatics. This book will be of immense value to readers of different backgrounds such as engineers, scientists, consultants and policy makers for industry, government, academics and social and private organisations.
1. BIOINFORMATICS- APPLICATION IN LIFE SCIENCES
2. ROLE OF COMPUTERS IN BIOINFORMATICS
3. COMPARATIVE GENOMICS AND PROTEOMICS
4. BIOINFORMATICS -- STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY INTERFACE
5. STATISTICAL MINING OF GENE AND PROTEIN DATABANKS
6. BUILDING BIOINFORMATICS DATABASE SYSTEMS
7. BIO-SEQUENCE SIGNATURES USING CHAOS GAME REPRESENTATION
8. DATA MINING FOR BIOINFORMATICS -- MICROARRAY DATA
9. DATA MINING FOR BIOINFORMATICS -- SYSTEMS BIOLOGY
10. BIOINFORMATICS IN BIOREMEDIATION -- "ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUP APPROACH"
11. NANOTECHNOLOGY IN RELATION TO BIOINFORMATICS
12. BIOINFORMATICS-RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
13. BIOINFORMATICS WEBSITES
14. BIOINFORMATICS - TERMINOLOGY
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The efficiency of supply, favourable pricing, and the friendly personal service we receive, makes dealing with NHBS a real pleasure
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985