+44 1803 865913
By: Indraneil Das(Editor), Alexander Haas(Editor), Andrew Alek Tuen(Editor)
170 pages, 4 plates with colour photos; b/w photos, b/w illustrations, b/w maps, tables
This book contains the conference proceedings from the conference "Biology of the Amphibians in the Sunda Region, South-east Asia", that was held from 28 September 2009 to 1 October 2009 in Kota Samarahan, Sarawak (Borneo), Malaysia.
- Herpetofaunal diversity of Karimata Island, Indonesia (U. Arifin, D. T. Iskandar & R. Elianur)
- Scientific results of the Volkswagen Stiftung Bornean amphibian project (I. Das & A. Haas)
- Diversity, biogeography and conservation of Philippine amphibians (A. C. Diesmos & R. M. Brown)
- Beyond taxonomy: radiotelemetry of the giant river frog Limnonectes leporinus in the Ulu Temburong National Park, Brunei Darussalam (T. U. Grafe)
- Biogeography and conservation of the amphibian fauna of the Langkawi Geopark (L. L. Grismer, K. O. Chan & A. Norhayati)
- Frog-hopping islands: a study on the patterns in anuran distribution and species co-occurrence in the Nicobar Islands (S. Harikrishnan, K. Vasudevan & B. C. Choudhury)
- Genetic divergence and evolutionary relationships in Fejervarya cancrivora from Indonesia and other Asian countries inferred from allozyme, mtDNA sequence analyses, morphological observation and crossing experiment (N. Kurniawan, T. H. Djong, M. M. Islam, T. Igawa, D. M. Belabut, H. S. Yong, R. Wanichanon, M. M. R. Khan, D. T. Iskandar, M. Nishioka, I. Yasir & M. Sumida)
- Preliminary report on effects of check dams on amphibian assemblage along the stream in a deciduous forest, Nan Province, Thailand (R. Phochayavanich, W. Khonsue & N. Kitana)
- Ancient polymorphism within Hylarana signata (Amphibia: Anura: Ranidae) lineages of west (Peninsular) and east (Sarawak, Borneo) Malaysia (Z. Ramlah, B. M. Mohd Zain, S. Mohd Nor, M. A. Rahman & N. Ahmad)
- Breeding, natural history and diversity research: ex situ and in situ Asian amphibian projects of the Cologne Zoo and the Institute of Ecology and Biological Resources (T. Ziegler, D. T. The & N.Q. Truong
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985