+44 1803 865913
By: P Netti(Editor)
Biomedical foams are a new class of material which are increasingly being used for tissue engineering applications. The structure of biomedical foams makes the materials lightweight but strong, ideal for bone tissue regeneration. In addition the rough surfaces encourage tissue growth, further improving the strength of the implant. Biomedical Foams for Tissue Engineering Applications provides readers with a comprehensive review of biomedical foams. Part one discusses the fundamentals of biomedical foams such as properties, structure and materials. Part two reviews tissue engineering applications of biomedical foams.
Part 1 Fundamentals, properties and modification of biomedical foams: Introduction to biomedical foams
- Properties of biomedical foams for tissue engineering applications
- Optimal design and manufacture of biomedical foam pore structure for tissue engineering applications
- Tailoring the pore structure of foam scaffolds for nerve regeneration
- Tailoring properties of polymeric biomedical foams
- Biodegradable biomedical foam scaffolds
Part 2 Tissue engineering applications of biomedical foams: Bioactive glass foams for tissue engineering applications
- Bioactive glass and glass-ceramic foam scaffolds for bone tissue restoration
- Composite biomedical foams for engineering bone tissue
- Injectable biomedical foams for bone regeneration
- Polylactic acid (PLA) biomedical foams for tissue engineering
- Porous hydrogel biomedical foam scaffolds for tissue repair
- Titanium biomedical foams for osseointegration
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985