+44 1803 865913
By: Faizal Bux(Editor)
304 pages, 120 b/w illustrations
Biotechnological Applications of Microalgae gives an in-depth analysis of microalgal biology, ecology, biotechnology and biofuel production capacity as well as a thorough discussion on the value added products that can be generated from diverse microalgae. It summarizes the state of the art in microalgal biotechnology research, from microalgal strain selection, microbiology, cultivation, harvesting, and processing. Contributors from the US, Africa, Asia, South America, and Europe cover microalgal physiology, biochemistry, ecology, molecular biology, and more.
- Introduction Strain Selection for Biodiesel Production
- Enumeration of Microalgal Cells
- Factors Affecting Microalgal Growth
- Microalgal Cultivation: Photobioreactors vs. Open Raceway Ponds
- Harvesting of Microalgal Biomass
- Lipid Identification and Extraction Techniques
- Conversion of Microalgal Lipids into Biodiesel
- Econometric Analysis of Biodiesel Production from
- Microalgae/Life Cycle Analysis of Microalgal Biodiesel
- Value Added Products from Microalgae
- Carbon Dioxide Sequestration and Climate Change
- Phycoremediation by High Rate Algal Ponds
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985