Canada is home to nearly 500 species of birds. Some species, such as certain warblers, weigh as much as a tea bag and some, such as Bald Eagles and American White Pelicans, are giants in the sky.
This comprehensive book includes:
- ID, habitat, status, nesting, feeding, voice and similar species
- Notes on each species' natural history, name origins, specific behaviours and habits to watch for
- Mnemonics to help remember species
- Conservation activities underway in all provinces
- Beautiful full-colour illustrations and photos for each species
- Updated range maps
- Birdwatching tips and best sites.