This book is the first volume of a series of guidebooks on birdwatching in the Philippines. It covers representative areas in Luzon, the Visayas and Mindanao. It also includes different range of habitats from coastal mudflats to forest areas and man-made parks.
Areas covered include:
* Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, Palawan
* Rasa Island, Palawan
* Hundred Islands National Park, Pangasinan
* Bangrin Marine Protected Area, Pangasinan
* Subic Bay, Zambales
* Balanga Wetlands, Bataan
* Candaba Marsh, Pampanga
* Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat & Ecotourism Area, Metro Manila
* Mt. Palay-Palay National Park, Cavite
* Villa Escudero, Quezon
* Alcoy Forest, Cebu
* Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Cebu
* Philippine Eagle Center, Davao
Birdwatching in the Philippines, Volume 1 is a collaborative effort of the Philippine Department of Tourism, Recreational Outdoor Exchange (ROX) and the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines (WBCP).