Titley Scientific have released a new update for the Anabat Scout Bat Detector. The firmware update (Version 1.0), is an important update that should be applied to all detectors as soon as possible.
The Version 1.0 fixes the following bugs and introduces the following changes:
- Fixed volume adjustment bug fixed, allowing the detector to remember user-set volumes.
- Added a trigger min event to settings window.
- The max memo file time is now set to 10 minutes (was 10 seconds).
- Added a warning message when clock battery gets low.
- Disable the audio output when recording a memo; reducing and preventing interference.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes causes log files to be created in the root directory of the SD card.
Titley Scientific are continually improving the software to add features, remove bugs and address performance issues. It is vital that you install new updates as soon as they become available to ensure your detector runs smoothly.
How to perform the update:
Step One – The Anabat Scout is updated by downloading the new software onto an SD card. Simply download the update file using this link (.adx file) and copy this file, in its original format, in the root directory of the SD card. Make sure the file is named scout.adx. You can use the same SD card to update multiple Scouts.
Step Two – Insert the SD card and fresh batteries into your Scout then power it on. After a short period the message: “Firmware update 1.0 available. Would you like to update now?” will appear. Press the “Yes” key (top right hand soft key) to start the update. Do not remove the batteries or power off the detector while the update is being installed. Two squares will scroll across the display while the update is being installed and then the detector will restart. The update is now complete.
Note: To check that the update was successful or that the latest firmware is already installed on the Scout go to: Menu, Other, Update and check the version is 1.0
If any further assistance or advice is required, please get in touch with our equipment team at email@example.com.