View a sample copy here
Give someone a year’s reading of the finest and most influential writing on wildlife, conservation and environmental policy from British Wildlife, the UK’s leading natural history magazine.
Gift subscriptions include a free British Wildlife mug* and introductory letter welcoming the recipient to the magazine.
Gift recipients will receive a full year’s subscription (eight issues) to British Wildlife, starting with the next available issue of the magazine.
About British Wildlife
British Wildlife provides essential reading for both enthusiast and professional naturalists and wildlife conservationists. Published eight times a year, this subscription-only magazine bridges the gap between popular writing and scientific literature through a combination of long-form articles, regular columns and reports, book reviews and letters.
Recent in-depth articles cover such diverse subjects as the conservation of the Fen Raft Spider, cephalopods in UK waters, the potential for Mink eradication, the history and future of rewilding in Britain, Wild Apple trees, ecology of the Ring Ouzel, and the impacts of nitrogen pollution.
Regular features include:
• Wildlife reports, written by experts from leading national organisations and providing a round-up of the latest news on everything from mammals to molluscs, and butterflies to bryophytes.
• Conservation news – vital reading for anyone wanting to stay up to date with environmental policy, biodiversity trends and developments from across conservation.
• Columns from some of Britain and Ireland’s best loved natural history authors, including Brett Westwood, Amy-Jane Beer, Mark Avery, Hugh Raven, James Robertson, Pádraic Fogarty and Simon Barnes.
If you would like to start your own subscription to British Wildlife, visit www.britishwildlife.com to sign up.
*Mugs available while stocks last. Mug and introductory letter will be sent to the person who purchases the subscription as standard: if you would like these items to be sent directly to the gift recipient, please state this in the comment box when placing your order.
View a sample copy here
"Packed with readable, thoughtful, up to date articles; written by ecologists and naturalists for ecologists and naturalists; British Wildlife is the essential subscription for anyone interested in the natural history of the UK"
– Nick Baker, TV Presenter
“The most important and informative publication on wildlife of our times”
– Michael McCarthy, The Independent
"I’ve been a subscriber to BW for over 20 years and it is the one wildlife journal that I couldn’t be without. I refer to it almost daily in my work as a writer and radio broadcaster and I find its tone and content is pitched just about right to introduce me to the whole span of UK natural history."
– Brett Westwood, Radio Presenter and Author
“A fantastic journal for the amateur and professional naturalist.”
– British Arachnological Society @BritishSpiders