The BugDorm-4D Insect Handling Cage consists of fibreglass poles which connect together to form a frame. A polyester/nylon and plastic cage threads onto this frame to create a self-contained environment which can be used to breed and maintain insects. As the framework is positioned outside the enclosure there are no places for insects to hide inside the cage.
The cage sits horizontally and has two elasticated sleeves which can be used to access the interior in order to handle specimens without the risk of insects escaping. A large zipped door in the front panel allows the addition and removal of large objects such as plants.
Available with standard polyester netting (680μm) or fine nylon netting (160μm mesh). The fine nylon mesh is particularly suitable for use with aphids, parasitic wasps and thrips.
* 1 x Cage
* 16 x Poles (45cm)
* 4 x Two-way connectors
* 8 x Three-way connectors
* Model: BugDorm BD44590DH (Polyester), BD44590DHF (Nylon)
* Internal dimensions: 90 x 45 x 45cm
* External dimensions: 93 x 47.5 x 47.5cm
* Weight: 650g
* Front, top and floor panels: Clear vinyl
* Back, right and left panels: Polyester netting (680μm mesh) or nylon netting (160μm)