* Free shipping on this item *
For more information about choosing a trail camera that is right for you, take a look at our blog post on trail cameras.
The Bushnell Trophy Cam Essential E3 improves on the specifications of the popular Essential E2, with higher resolution still images, 32 Low Glow LEDs that are less visible to animals and an improved nighttime flash range of 30m. The Essential E3 is a digital camera housed within a waterproof enclosure. It uses a passive infrared sensor to detect movement within its monitoring range (up to 30m). This will trigger the camera to capture still images or videos that are saved onto an SD card, and with a fast 0.3 second trigger speed you should be able to capture even fast moving animals. The E3 is also equipped with low glow infrared LEDs that allow it to take images during the night or in low light situations without alerting the animals. Night-time images/videos are recorded in black and white whilst daytime footage is in full colour.
The camera opens at the side using a secure mechanism, providing access to the internal compartment where the SD card and batteries are located. The inside of the lid also contains a text LCD screen and series of buttons that allow the camera settings to be changed. Choose between the number of images or length of video recorded as well as the resolution, interval between images/video capture, trigger sensitivity and night vision shutter speed.
The camera is powered by eight AA batteries (not included). We recommend the use of Lithium-ion batteries as these will ensure maximum trigger speeds and longer battery life. Rechargeable batteries are not recommended and battery types should not be mixed. The camera will take an SD or SDHC card of up to 32GB capacity and Bushnell recommends the use of SanDisk cards.
This camera is also available as a starter bundle which includes the trail camera, 8 x lithium-ion AA batteries and a 32GB SD card.
* 32 x Low Glow LEDs: These LEDs have a reduced flash signature compared to standard infrared LEDs, with an illumination range of 30m.
* ARD anti-reflection shield: Prevents glare from the sun or other light sources reflecting off the screen and drawing attention to the camera.
* 0.3 second trigger speed: This is the time taken between the PIR sensor being activated and the camera taking an image. With moving animals, even a small difference in trigger speed can mean the difference between a great photo and a shot of an animal disappearing out of the frame. Please note that the stated trigger speed applies to the capture of still images only.
* 1 second recovery speed: The recovery speed is the time required for the camera to capture and save an image then prepare itself for the next trigger.
* LCD black and white text screen
* Hyper PIR: The PIR motion sensor is active to a distance of 30m. The sensitivity of the motion sensor is also adjustable and can be set to low, medium, high or auto. When set to auto, an internal temperature sensor regulates the sensitivity so that it is optimum for all weather conditions.
* Hyper night vision: Ensures that your night-time images are clear and crisp.
* Camera settings: Specify the number of images taken per trigger (1-3), the size of image taken (HD, 4K or 16M) or video recorded, the length of video taken (5s to 60s possible, 15s max at night) and the delay between triggers (1 second to 60 minutes).
* 2x field scan: Field scan allows you to capture time lapse images at preset intervals of one minute to 60 minutes within the time frame you select. 2x field scan allows you to do this for two separate time frames, so you can monitor both dawn and dusk movements at your survey site. The live trigger function means that trigger events will still occur as normal if an animal enters the detection range.
* Data stamps: Date, time, moon phase, temperature and camera name are automatically stamped onto each image or video. It is also possible to input the GPS coordinates of your survey site and these will be stamped onto your images and videos.
* Powered by 8 x AA batteries (not included), the E3 will last for up to a year on one set of good quality batteries.
We strongly recommend the use of Lithium-ion batteries with all Bushnell trail cameras as these will ensure maximum trigger speeds and longer battery life.
* Image resolution: 2, 8, 16MP (3MP true sensor)
* Video resolution: 1280 x 720p
* Trigger speed: 0.3s (still images only)
* Recovery speed: 1s (still images only)
* Video length: Up to 60s (daytime), selected in menu
* PIR sensor: Low/Medium/High/Auto
* Night vision flash: 32 Low Glow LEDs / 30m
* LCD display: LCD black and white text screen
* Date / time / temperature / moon phase stamp: Yes
* GPS geotag: Yes
* Field scan 2x: Yes
* Audio record: Yes
* Hybrid capture: No
* Power supply: AA x 8
* Battery life: Up to 1 year
* SD card capacity: 32GB
* Colour: Brown