– How to reduce your water use
– The mains and alternative sources
– How to connect and fit a new water system
– Contaminants in water and how to remove them
– Rainwater harvesting
– Grey water recycling
– Reuse of water in the garden
This is the only book for householders covering the new UK regulations on private water supplies. Several case studies are used to illustrate solutions to real-life water supply problems.
Choosing Ecological Water Supply and Treatment is a fully revised new edition of CAT's previous publication The Water Book.
Judith Thornton is currently Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Leeds. For several years she has been a lecturer at CAT's MSc course Renewable Energy and the Built Environment and she used to manage and maintain the water supply and sewage treatment systems at CAT. She has also undertaken consultancy and installation work on small-scale private supplies.