+44 1803 865913
A Lakeland Fellranger walking guide by Mark Richards exploring 23 summits in the Northern Fells of the Lake District, including a wide range of walks old and new, between Keswick to the south and Caldbeck to the north. Among the summits featured are the massifs of Skiddaw and Blencathra, and the peace of the more modest fells of High Pike, Great Cockup and Carrock Fell further north.
Author Mark Richards combines his passion for the Lake District and artistic flair with all the information the experienced walker needs to explore and enjoy the Western Fells. For each of the 23 hills covered, this guide offers a dedicated chapter, with full descriptions of a range of both undiscovered and time-honoured routes, full-colour Harvey maps and clear elevation diagrams, detailed summit panoramas and plenty of inspiring photographs.
This guide is the seventh to be published in Cicerone's 8-volume Lakeland Fellranger series, which provides a comprehensive new guide to the fells of the English Lake District, with a selection of new routes up more than 230 hills.
- Fireside to Fellside
- This Guide
- Fix the Fells
- Fell Review
- Starting Points
- 1 Bakestall (673m/2208ft)
- 2 Bannerdale Crags (683m/2241ft)
- 3 Binsey (447m/1467ft)
- 4 Blencathra (868m/2848ft)
- 5 Bowscale Fell (702m/2303ft)
- 6 Brae Fell (586m/1923ft)
- 7 Carl Side (746m/2448ft)
- 8 Carrock Fell (662m/2172ft)
- 9 Dodd (502m/1647ft)
- 10 Great Calva (690m/2264ft)
- 11 Great Cockup (526m/1726ft)
- 12 Great Sca Fell (651m/2136ft)
- 13 High Pike (658m/2159ft)
- 14 Knott (710m/2329ft)
- 15 Latrigg (368m/1207ft)
- 16 Longlands Fell (483m/1585ft)
- 17 Long Side (734m/2408ft)
- 18 Lonscale Fell (715m/2346ft)
- 19 Meal Fell (550m/1804ft)
- 20 Skiddaw (931m/3054ft)
- 21 Skiddaw Little Man (865m/2838ft)
- 22 Souther Fell (522m/1713ft)
- 23 Ullock Pike (690m/2264ft)
- Mark up your fells
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Mark Richards moved to Cumbria in the early 1990s. Here he developed a passion for the finest of all walking landscapes, held within and around this marvellous county. Mark is well known for his guides to the Peak District and Hadrian's Wall. He is a founder of the Hadrian's Wall Trust, a member of the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild and broadcasts on BBC Radio Cumbria.
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985