By: Stephen Battersby(Author)
940 pages, 10 b/w photos, 60 b/w illustrations, 103 tables
i, since its first publication in 1933, has provided a definitive guide for the environmental health practitioner, or reference for the consultant or student.
This 20th edition continues as a first point of reference, reviewing the core principles, techniques and competencies, and then outlining the specialist subjects. It has been refocused on the current curriculum of the UK's Chartered Institute of Environmental Health but should also readily suit the generalist or specialist working outside the UK.
Part One: Environmental Health.
1. Introduction to Environmental Health. 2. Historical Development of Environmental Health in the UK. 3. The Organization of Environmental Health in the UK. 4. Training and Professional Standards. 5. Port Health.
Part Two: Environmental Health Law and Administration.
6. Environmental Health Law. 7. Enforcement of Environmental Health Law. 8. Fundamentals of Information Technology and its Application in Environmental Health.
Part Three: Public Health and Safety.
9 Environmental Health, Public Health and Sustainable Development. 10. Risk Management for Environmental Health. 11. Public Safety and Health.
Part Four: Epidemiology.
12. Communicable Disease.
Part Five: Housing.
16. Housing Conditions and Health. 17. Housing: Standards and Enforcement.
Part Six: Occupational Health and Safety.
18. Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety. 19. Legislative and Administrative Framework. 20. The working environment. 21. Protection of Persons. 22. Plant and Systems of Work. 23. Toxic and Dangerous Substances. 24. Accident Prevention and Investigation. 25. Ionizing Radiation. 26. Non-ionizing Radiation.
Part Seven: Food Safety and Hygiene.
27. Introduction to Food Safety. 28. Food Safety Law. 29. Food Safety Controls. 30. The Preservation of Food. 31. Milk and Milk Products. 32. Fish and Shellfish. 33. Meat Hygiene.
Part Eight: Environmental Protection.
34. Introduction to Environmental. 35. Noise. 36. Air Pollution. 37. Waste Management. 38. Radon in Buildings. 39. The Water Cycle. 40. Contaminated Land. 41. Pest Control. Introduction. Legal Provisions. 42. The Control of Animals. Reasons for Controlling Animals. Licensing. The Control of Dogs. Animal Welfare Bill.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Stephen Battersby is a freelance Housing and Environmental Health Consultant and is also currently President of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985