+44 1803 865913
By: VL Chopra(Editor)
In its thirteen chapters, Climate Change and its Ecological Implication for the Western Himalaya deals with biophysical, biological, hydrological, meteorological and socio-economic aspects of western Himalayan region of India. It emphasizes on the need for strengthening institutional and research capacities that are critical to delivering meaningful and sustainable outcomes & impacts in return for the investments made. It also makes recommendations for the policy, planning and administrative interventions & reforms necessary for efficient and equitable delivery of benefits to the intended beneficiaries and for conservation of the valuable natural resources of the region. Each chapter has been prepared by a recognized expert in the identified area and the treatment bears the required mark of quality and authenticity.
1. Physical Attributes: Soil and Landscape Characteristics of Western Himalayan Region of India/V.K. Suri, G.S. Sidhu and Anil Kumar
2. Land Use and Land Cover Patterns of Indian Western Himalayas/Amit Kumar, Sanjay Kr. Uniyal and R.D. Singh
3. Water Resources of Western Himalayan Region of India/ Kireet Kumar and Rajesh Joshi
4. Linking Climate Change with Biodiversity and Livelihoods in Indian Himalayas/K.G. Saxena,K.S. Rao and R.K. Maikhuri
5. Weather and Climate in High Altitudes with Special Reference to the Himalayas/S.K. Dash
6. Vegetation Characteristics, Floral Diversity and Resource Use in Western Himalayas/ Sanjay Kr. Uniyal and R.D. Singh
7. Biodiversity (Plants / Animals / Microbes / Birds): Status, Endemism, Threatened Species/S.K. Sharma and J.C. Rana
8. Climate-Affected Alterations in Agricultural Scenario of Western Himalayan Region: Local, Regional and National Relevance and Implications/Sanjay Kumar and P.K. Aggarwal
9. Resource Base and Livelihood Opportunities with Particular Reference to Perceived Climate Change in the Western Himalayan region of India/ Lok Man S. Palni, D.S. Rawat and Subrat Sharma
10. Ecosystem Services of the Western Himalaya : Management Implications/G.S. Rawat
11. Ecological Components Most Likely to be Influenced by Climate Change: Nature and Impact of the Effects/S.K. Vats and P.S. Ahuja
12. Research Needs for Technological Preparedness/P.S. Ahuja and Amit Chawla
13. Policy Considerations/V.L. Chopra, Indrani Chandershekharan and Amit Chawla
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985