Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Concentrating solar power (CSP) technology is poised to take its place as one of the major contributors to the future clean energy mix. Using straightforward manufacturing processes, CSP technology capitalises on conventional power generation cycles, whilst cost effectively matching supply and demand though the integration of thermal energy storage. Concentrating solar power technology provides a comprehensive review of this exciting technology, from the fundamental science to systems design, development and applications.
Part one introduces fundamental principles of concentrating solar power systems. Site selection and feasibility analysis are discussed, alongside socio-economic and environmental assessments. Part two focuses on technologies including linear Fresnel reflector technology, parabolic-trough, central tower and parabolic dish concentrating solar power systems, and concentrating photovoltaic systems. Thermal energy storage, hybridization with fossil fuel power plants and the long-term market potential of CSP technology are explored. Part three goes on to discuss optimisation, improvements and applications. Topics discussed include absorber materials for solar thermal receivers, design optimisation through integrated techno-economic modelling, heliostat size optimisation, heat flux and temperature measurement technologies, concentrating solar heating and cooling for industrial processes, and solar fuels and industrial solar chemistry.
With its distinguished editors and international team of expert contributors, Concentrating Solar Power Technology is an essential guide for all those involved or interested in the design, production, development, optimisation and application of CSP technology, including renewable energy engineers and consultants, environmental governmental departments, solar thermal equipment manufacturers, researchers and academics.
- Part 1 Introduction: Introduction to concentrating solar power technology
- Fundamental principles of concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Solar resources for concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Site selection and feasibility analysis for concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Socio-economic and environmental assessment of concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
Part 2 Technology approaches and potential
- Linear Fresnel reflector (LFR) technology
- Parabolic-trough concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Central tower concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Parabolic dish concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Concentrating photovoltaic (CPV) systems and applications
- Thermal energy storage systems for concentrating solar power (CSP) plants
- Hybridization of concentrating solar power (CSP) with fossil fuel power plants
- Integrating a Fresnel solar boiler into an existing coal-fired power plant: A case study
- The long-term market potential of concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
Part 3 Optimisation, improvements and applications
- Absorber materials for solar thermal receivers in concentrating solar power (CSP) systems
- Optimisation of concentrating solar power (CSP) plant designs through integrated techno-economic modeling
- Heliostat size optimisation for central receiver solar power plants
- Heat flux and temperature measurement technologies for concentrating solar power (CSP)
- Concentrating solar technologies for industrial process heat and cooling
- Solar fuels and industrial solar chemistry
Dr Keith Lovegrove is Head of Solar Thermal for the UK-based renewable energy consulting group, IT Power.
Wes Stein is the Manager of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation's National Solar Energy Centre, Australia.
"The book is a valuable reference reflecting the current state of concentrating solar power technology. [...] it is a must as a comprehensive reference to students, researchers and all those involved in the development, installation and operation of solar thermal and other associated plant and components."
– Solar Progress magazine