+44 1803 865913
By: Ramesha Chandrappa(Author), Sushil Gupta(Author), Umesh Chandra Kulshrestha(Author)
370 pages, colour photos, colour & b/w illustrations
The environmental and climatic issues vary from continent to continent and are unique to Asia. Understanding the issues needs a lot of research and study material which students may not be able to gather due to shortage of time and resources. Hence an effort is made by the authors, gathering their experience and academic input from renowned universities of the world. Climate change is real and coping with it is a major concern for the future. Most of the publications written and sold in the past need updating and customizing. The general description of climate change will not help professionals and students. It needs to be considered area-wise, as a professional will work in a specific geographic area. Hence an effort is made to collect data from Asia which hosts the most populated countries along with ecological hot spots.
- The History of Climate Change
- Industrial Revolution, Climate Change and Asia
- Changing Environment - Where will this lead to?
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Climate Change & Hydro-Meteorological Risks in Asia
- Asian Geological Settings its Effect on Climate Change and Disaster
- Climate and non Climatic Hazards
- Asian Context
- Predicting Disaster Asian Scenario
- Early Warning Systems and their Effectiveness in Asia
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation in Asia
- Prediction of regional climate change
- Capacity Assessment - is Asia ready to face Climate Change
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Preventing and Mitigation of Disasters
- Sea Level Change and Asia
- Impact of Biodiversity - Asian Scenario
- Changing Livelyhood due to Climate Change - Asian Perspective
- Accelerating Innovation and Decelerating Climate Change
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985