The IMXZ Zoom Stereo Microscope has a trinocular zoom head and a stand which has both transmitted and incident lighting. The stereo head has double side arm zoom controls with a continuous range of x1 to x4 giving a magnification range x10 to x40. This can be increased with additional x20 eyepieces (see accessories tab). The IMXZ comes as standard with super widefield x10 eyepieces. Each eyetube has independent focus control that allows the specimen to remain in focus throughout the magnification zoom. The head is fully rotatable within the focus block, and a pull lever diverts light to the trinocular eyetube when needed for photography. The IMXZ is suitable for digital photomicrography.
The stand has an ergonomic design with both frosted glass and opaque black/white stage plates. The focus block has both a coarse and fine focus rack and pinion system for easy and exact focus adjustments. The microscope has standard LED transmitted light and also has two flexible lights which can be positioned by the user to provide the best lighting arrangement for the specimen being used. The brightness of the transmitted and incident lighting can be adjusted individually via rheostat controls. The advantage of LED lighting over traditional bulb illumination is that the LEDs generate no measurable heat making them ideal for working with live specimens. LEDs also don't need changing, unlike traditional bulbs.
* Magnification: x10 widefield eyepieces, giving a magnification range of x10 to x40
* Potential magnification range: x5 - x120
* Stereohead zoom range: x1 to x4
* Working distance at x10: 95 mm
* Dark ground and polarisation adapters
* Reversible black / white stage plate and frosted glass plate
* Choice of additional objectives and eyepieces
* LED illumination: incident and transmitted