+44 1803 865913
By: Steve Brusatte(Author), Michael J Benton(Author)
224 pages, 200 colour illustrations
Please note: not to be confused with the 2010 book by Gregory S. Paul by the same title.
Take a journey through the prehistoric world and trace the evolution of the most astonishing creatures ever to have walked the earth. Over 200 giant-sized and superbly detailed illustrations provide a stunning visual catalogue of early reptiles, dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts. Dramatically illustrated, Dinosaurs: A Field Guide brings the prehistoric world to life like never before. The expert text identifies each species – what they looked like, what they ate, how they lived and died. Packed with the latest research and discoveries, this mammoth-sized book (measuring 35 × 43 cm, W × H) is as unique and impressive as the dinosaurs themselves.
"For sheer value for money this can't be beaten absolutely visually stunning, jam-packed with information Dinosaur fanatics of all ages will love this"
– Ulster Newsletter
- The Science of Dinosaurs
- The Origins of the Dinosaurs: Archosauria, The Ruling Reptiles
- Dinosaurs of the Late Triassic: The Rise of the Dinosaurs; The Prosauropod Dinosaurs
- Dinosaurs of the Early-middle Jurassic: The Triassic-Jurassic Extinction and Pangaea; The Tetanuran Theropods; The Sauropods; Early Ornithischian Dinosaurs
- Dinosaurs of the Late Jurassic: The Morrison Formation; The Coelurosaurian Theropods; The Origin and Evolution of Birds
- Dinosaurs of the Early-middle Cretaceous: The Cretaceous World; The Feathered Dinosaurs of China
- Dinosaurs of the Late Cretaceous: The Final Act of the Dinosaurs; New Research on the Tyrant Lizard King
- The End of the Dinosaurs
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Steve Brusatte has a degree in geophysical sciences from University of Chicago. He is currently a researcher of vertebrate palaeontology at the University of Bristol focusing on the anatomy and evolution of dinosaurs. Michael Benton is Head of Earth Sciences at Bristol University and Professor of Vertebrate Palaeontology. His many books include Walking with Dinosaurs and The Penguin Historical Atlas of Dinosaurs. He also acted as consultant on the Walking with Dinosaurs series for the BBC. Pixel Shack are the award-winning creators of digital content for television, computer games and books, including the 3D images used in the books of the BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs series.
Your orders support book donation projects
I have never been so pleased with the quality of service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985