By: Tom Tietenberg(Author), Lynne Lewis(Author)
632 pages, illustrations, tables
Environmental and Natural Resource Economics is the best-selling text for this course, offering a policy-oriented approach and introducing economic theory in the context of debates and empirical work from the field. Students leave the course with a global perspective of both environmental and natural resource economics. Key features include:
- Extensive coverage of the major issues including climate change, pollution, sustainable development, and environmental justice.
- Dedicated chapters on a full range of resources including water, land, forests, fisheries, and recyclables.
- Introductions to the theory and method of environmental economics including externalities, benefit-cost analysis, valuation methods, and ecosystem goods and services.
- Boxed case studies and 'Debates' throughout the text which highlight global examples and major talking points.
The text is fully supported with end-of-chapter summaries, discussion questions, and self-test exercises in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics and multiple-choice questions, simulations, references, slides, and an instructor's manual on the Companion Website.
1. Visions of the Future
2. The Economic Approach: Property Rights, Externalities, and Environmental Problems
3. Evaluating Trade-Offs: Benefit-Cost Analysis and Other Decision-Making Metrics
4. Valuing the Environment: Methods
5. Dynamic Efficiency and Sustainable Development
6. Depletable Resource Allocation: The Role of Longer Time Horizons, Substitutes, and Extraction Cost
7. Energy: The Transition from Depletable to Renewable Resources
8. Recyclable Resources: Minerals, Paper, Bottles, and E-Waste
9. Water: A Confluence of Renewable and Depletable Resources
10. A Locationally Fixed, Multipurpose Resource: Land
11. Storable, Renewable Resources: Forests
12. Common-Pool Resources: Commercially Valuable Fisheries
13. Ecosystem Goods and Services: Nature's Threatened Bounty
14. Economics of Pollution Control: An Overview
15. Stationary-Source Local and Regional Air Pollution
16. Climate Change
17. Mobile-Source Air Pollution
18. Water Pollution
19. Toxic Substances and Environmental Justice
20. The Quest for Sustainable Development
21. Visions of the Future Revisited
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985