Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This established handbook offers a comprehensive practical guide to the requirements of environmental impact assessment (EIA) in accordance with the latest UK regulations. Explaining the EIA process and legal procedures in a clear and straightforward way, the authors employ their extensive practical experience to cover each of the steps and associated studies needed to undertake an EIA and to produce a successful Environmental Statement.
Following the success of the first edition, this second edition is fully updated in line with the Planning Bill enacted in November 2008 and expanded to include a new chapter on Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA).
Written by practitioners for practitioners, covering procedures, environmental issues and development types, the handbook:
- Presents the requirements of EIA in a readily accessible and practical way
- Inspires good EIA practice with the use of case studies
- Informs and guides the early and effective use of EIA
- Demonstrates how improvements in EIA practice facilitate better informed planning decisions
- Outlines the procedures associated with SEA and demonstrates its benefits
Including full cross-referencing and checklists, Environmental Impact Assessment Handbook, 2nd edition will provide an invaluable overview and step-by-step guide for local authority planners, environmental regulators, consultants and all professionals working on development proposals. Students and community groups will also find this a valuable introductory text.