About this book
This book covers the prediction and assessment of impacts on soil and groundwater management, surface water management, biological environment, air environment, the impact of noise on the environment, and of socio-economic and human health impacts. The new edition contains an additional chapter on environmental risk assessment and risk management, a chapter on the application of remote sensing and GIS in EIA and a chapter with EIA case studies. All in a clear style, it presents the fundamentals of EIA and how to apply these in practice.
1. Fundamental Approach to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
2. EIA Methodologies
3. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts on Soil and Ground Water Environment
4. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts on Surface Water Environment
5. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts on Biological Environment
6. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts on the Air Environment
7. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts of Noise on the Environment
8. Prediction and Assessment of Impacts of Socio-Economic and Human Health Impacts
9. Environmental Risk Assessment (ERA) and Risk Management in EIA
10. Application of Remote Sensing and GIS for EIA
11. EIA Case Studies
Dr Y. Anjaneyulu is presently a Visiting Professor at the Environment and Chemistry Department and the TLGVRC Director at Jackson State University, Mississippi, USA. Educated as an Environmental Chemist, he has worked as a professor and director at the Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. He has a broad and deep knowledge of the subject and is also the author of the book, "Introduction to Environmental Sciences" (BS Publications).
Dr Valli Manickam, PhD is presently working as a lecturer at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. She has gained a wide experience in Environmental Impact Assessment, both by her research and by her teaching assignments.