+44 1803 865913
Edited By: Michael Bedford and Gary Partridge
From alpha-galactosidases to xylanases, "Enzymes in Farm Animal Nutrition", 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive guide to all aspects associated with enzyme supplemented animal feeds. Detailing economic, environmental and technological impacts, this new edition brings the reader up to date with the considerable advances of the last decade, providing a unique insight into the current market. Chapters cover a wide range of topics using a variety of evidence from both in vitro and in vivo studies, providing a better understanding of the complex links between feed enzyme function, digestive physiology and ultimately animal performance. Particular attention is paid to new methods for the evaluation of enzyme responses, including holo-analysis. The authors provide a detailed discussion of the various enzyme classes that have been introduced into the market, exploring current use in the global industry and assessing the likely future trends and practices.
1. Introduction - current market and expected developments
2. Xylanases and cellulases as feed additives
3. Mannanase, Alpha-galactosidase, and Pectinase
4. Starch and protein-degrading enzymes - biochemistry, enzymology and characteristics relevant to animal feed use
5. Phytases - Biochemistry, enzymology and characteristics relevant to animal feed use
6. Effect of digestive tract conditions, feed processing and ingredients on response to NSP enzymes
7. Phytate and phytase
8. Developments in Enzyme Usage in Ruminants
9. Other enzyme applications relevant to the animal feed industry
10. Thermostability of feed enzymes and their practical application in the feed mill
11. Analysis of enzymes, principles and problems / Developments in enzyme analysis
12. Holo-analysis of the efficacy of exogenous enzyme performance in farm animal nutrition
13. Feed enzymes, the future - bright hope or regulatory minefield?
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
This really is first rate customer service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985