The aim of the Handbooks in Practical Animal Cell Biology is to provide practical workbooks for those involved in primary cell culture. Each volume addresses a different cell lineage, and contains an introductory section followed by individual chapters on the culture of specific differentiated cell types. The authors of each chapter are leading researchers in their fields and use their first-hand experience to present reliable techniques in a clear and thorough manner. Epithelial Cell Culture contains chapters on epithelial cells derived from 1) airway, 2) intestine, 3) pancreas, 4) kidney and bladder, 5) genital ducts, 6) mammary glands, 7) skin glands and appendages, and 8) keratinocytes.
" [...] fills a major void in the literature [...] not only a useful addition to the library of an epithelial cell biology laboratory, but to any individual trying to establish primary cultures from other tissues, species, ages of donor, etc. [...] I would highly recommend this concise, clearly written book."
- C. Booth, Cell Proliferation
" [...] could serve as a useful reference for a beginner in epithelial cell culture."
- Catherine A. Reznikoff, Oncology
Preface to the series
Introduction Ann Harris
1. The airway epithelial cell James R. Yankaskas
2. The intestinal epithelial cell Angela Hague and Chris Paraskeva
3. The pancreatic duct epithelial cell Ann Harris
4. Renal and bladder epithelial cells Stanley J. White, John R.W. Masters and Adrian S. Woolf
5. The epididymal epithelial cell Hsiao Chang Chan and Patrick Y. D. Wong
6. The mammary gland epithelial cell Shirley E. Pullan and Charles H. Streuli
7. Skin gland and appendage epithelial cells Terence Kealey, Michael Philpott, Robert Guy and Nick Dove
8. The epidermal keratinocyte Michele De Luca, Graziella Pellegrini and Giovanna Zambruno.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We find their customer service to be excellent
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985