The book covers the essentials of plant nutrition and irrigation management. Throughout the book, the author shares his knowledge on the most important aspects of crop nutrition and irrigation, including:
- Plant nutrients, their roles in plants and behaviour in soil and water
- Fertilizer management practices
- The soil – fertility, salinity, acidity, cation exchange capacity, sodicity
- Testing soils, how to interpret soil test results
- Irrigation water quality – water quality parameters, testing the water, interpreting water analysis.
- Fertigation best practices
- How to give fertilizer recommendations
- Irrigation scheduling methods
- Hydroponics and nutrient solutions
And much more...
Guy Sela is an internationally renowned plant nutrition and irrigation “Guru”. Mr Sela spent many years researching and experimenting with ways to improve agricultural production and bringing progress also to developing countries. He honed his skills in commercial farming around the world and by working with thousands of growers and agronomists globally.
Mr Sela was the founder and CEO of Smart Fertilizer, a unique digital-ag platform for optimizing fertilizer use in agriculture. Currently, he is the owner and founder of Cropaia and yieldsApp, both agtech ventures that strive towards developing innovative precision agriculture solutions that can be widely adopted by growers globally.
Apart from his activity in the agtech industry, Mr Sela is an international speaker and is often invited to share his knowledge about fertilization and irrigation at international conferences.