+44 1803 865913
By: Jeffrey B Kerr
512 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour illustrations
The study of histology requires that students be able to recognise structures within cells and tissues at varying levels of magnification, and understand their function within the human body. Since histology is a visual subject, high quality images of cells and tissues are vital as a component of course material. In this book, concise text relates the structures seen in the images to biological function, and integrates clinical relevance by describing how the histology of tissues is affected in abnormal conditions. Additionally this text reproduces in print format, histologic images that come closer to what is seen down the microscope than any other book. This has been achieved through painstaking preparation of original slides and editing to colour correct where necessary.
New to this second edition:
- Chapter 1: The Cell, has been completely revised and expanded to review all the basic concepts of cell biology as it relates to tissue structure and function
- A new chapter : Origin of Primary Tissues
- Expanded Self-Assessment section to include more 'lookalike' tests on a CD or related website. Includes recommendations for further reading
- Many more high quality electron micrographs showing cell ultrastructure
- A technical preface that explains the different types of staining techniques and the difference between electron and light microscopy
- Magnification bars and staining information against every micrograph
- Learning objectives at the beginning of every chapter and highlighted key terms
- 300+ new images
- New design - A4 double column; figures integrated in text; new artwork
- Many new immunofluorescence images
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985