The inReach SE+ and inReach Explorer+ are satellite communicators that use global Iridium satellite coverage for interactive SOS, two way messaging and location tracking anywhere in the world. Now you can venture off the grid, but you’re never out of reach. These handheld satellite communicators are designed for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to roam farther and experience more. From backcountry experiences to international adventures, inReach provides communication, location sharing, navigation and critical SOS functions for anyone who loves getting away from it all, on land, water or in the skies.
Both models include a built-in GPS that enables location tracking and basic navigation with waypoints and routes. The SOS feature allows you to contact help, receive professional advice on what to do next and get confirmation that help is on the way. The inReach Explorer+ has the addition of preloaded DeLorme topographic maps, a built-in digital compass and a barometric altimeter.
No Mobile Signal? No Problem.
inReach SE+ and Explorer+ give you all the tools to stay totally connected. Your inReach communicator works anywhere and everywhere so you don’t have to worry about being within range of mobile phone signal.
Who Will Answer Your SOS?
GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They are standing by 24/7/365 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. In addition, whilst help is on its way, GEOS will continue to text back and forth with you, providing updates and critical information until help arrives.
Track and Share Your Whereabouts
By turning on the tracking function of your inReach SE+ or Explorer+ communicator, family and friends can follow your progress using the web-based MapShare portal. The inReach device will automatically send waypoints at preselected time intervals, so followers can track your whereabouts online. You can also invite your family and friends back home to use MapShare to ping your inReach unit and see your GPS location, track your movements and exchange messages during your trip.
Pair with Your Mobile Device
For even more capability and convenience, the free Earthmate app syncs your inReach handheld via Bluetooth with your compatible Apple or Android device so you can access unlimited maps and aerial imagery. Plus, Earthmate allows you to conveniently use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device.
* 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for two-way messaging anywhere in the world
* Interactive SOS with GEOS rescue monitoring centre who are on standby 24/7/365
* Send and receive text messages
* Location tracking and sharing
* Delivery confirmation for messages
* Safe user interface
* Basic navigation
* Mapping and sensors, the inReach Explorer+ adds further navigation features such as preloaded topographic maps, built-in digital compass and barometric altimeter
* Earthmate app
* Subscription plans, choose from annual or monthly variable service plans
* Enduring battery, up to 100 hours in tracking mode and 30 days in power-save mode
* Weather data
* Cloud storage (unlimited) and trip planning
Which inReach Is Right for You?
As satellite communicators, both the inReach SE+ and Explorer+ offer identical messaging capabilities. However, they differ in GPS navigation. While inReach SE+ uses GPS to provide basic grid navigation and allow you to drop waypoints, mark key locations and track your progress, inReach Explorer+ goes a step beyond, providing comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path, using full-fledged GPS with preloaded TOPO mapping and waypoint routings viewable directly on the unit. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can help to monitor the air pressure. The digital compass keeps your bearing and helps you to find your way even when there is bad visibility.
Satellite Airtime Plans
To access the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach SE+ or Explorer+ device, an active satellite subscription is required. Depending on your usage level, you can opt for an annual contract package or flexible month-to-month airtime plan.
Please note: Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps are not compatible with other Garmin devices and other Garmin maps are not compatible with inReach devices.
* Size: W 6.8 x H 16.4 x D 3.8cm
* Display size: 5.9cm
* Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
* Display type: Transflective colour TFT
* Weight: 213g
* Battery: Rechargable internal Lithium Ion
* Battery life: Up to 100 hours at the default 10-minute tracking mode, 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode and up to 3 years in standby mode
* Wireless: Bluetooth®
* Water rating: IPX7
* Interface: High speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
* Built-in memory: 2 GB
* Waypoints: 250
* Routes: 20