This is the Oregon 700 bundled with the GB Discoverer 1:50k Full Country mapping software. This package provides full 1:50k scale ordnance survey landranger map coverage for the whole of Great Britain and includes terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, paths, routable roads and geographical points.
The Garmin Oregon 700 has all the great features of the 650t but has the added bonuses of a redesigned antenna enabling better reception and performance, multilink wireless connectivity (WiFi, Bluetooth and ANT+) which supports Active Weather and Geocaching Live and 1 years subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery.
The Oregon 700 uses high-sensitivity WAAS/EGNOS and GLONASS enabled satellite tracking which provides a faster fix, even in shaded and remote environments. It also has a sunlight-readable touch screen which is strengthened for impact and usable even with gloved hands. The screen possesses dual orientation meaning that you can view maps and data either vertically or horizontally, depending on how the unit is oriented.
The 3-axis electronic compass has accelerometer tilt compensation which shows where you’re heading even when you’re standing still and not holding it level. It will also provide your precise altitude using the barometric altimeter and by plotting barometric pressure over time will even give you important information about changing weather conditions.
The Oregon 700 provides an impressive 16 hours of battery time and features a unique dual battery system; an internally rechargeable NiMH battery back (not included) can be used instead of the traditional AA batteries. Data such as photos, geocaches, routes and maps can by transferred quickly and easily by using the multilink wireless connectivity to the Garmin Cloud which can be accessed from anywhere.
Physical and Performance:
* Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.1 x 11.4 x 3.3 cm
* Display size (WxH): 3.8 x 6.3 cm; 3" diag (7.6 cm)
* Display resolution (WxH): 240 x 400 pixels
* Display type: Transflective colour TFT touchscreen
* Weight: 209.8g / 7.4oz with batteries
* Battery: 2 x AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended. Rechargeable NiMH pack (optional)
* Battery life: 16 hours
* Waterproof: Yes (IPX7)
* Floats: No
* High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
* Interface: High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps and Memory:
* Basemap: Yes
* Ability to add maps: Yes
* Built-in memory: 1.7GB
* Accepts data cards: MicroSD card (not included)
* Waypoints/favourites/locations: 10,000
* Routes: 250
* Track log: 20,000 points, 250 saved tracks
Features and Benefits:
* Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes
* Touchscreen: Yes
* Barometric altimeter: Yes
* Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
* Custom maps compatible: Yes
* Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): Yes
* Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
* Sun and moon information: Yes
* Tide tables: Yes
* Area calculation: Yes
* Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
* Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes (plus images and custom maps)
* Picture viewer: Yes
* Garmin Connect compatible: Yes
* Wireless compatible: Yes (Wifi, Bluetooth and ANT+)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!