+44 1803 865913
This book presents an overview of recent advances in our understanding of the genesis of diamonds and the associated phases. It is divided into three main parts, starting with an introduction to the analysis of diamond inclusions to infer the formation processes. In turn, the second part of the book presents high-pressure experimental studies in mantle diamond-parental mineral systems with representative multicomponent boundary compositions. The experimental syngenesis phase diagrams provided reveal the physicochemical mechanisms of diamond nucleation and substantiate the mantle-carbonatite concept of the genesis of diamonds and associated phases. Lastly, the book describes the genetic classification of diamond-hosted mineral inclusions and experimentally determined RE "mineral-parental melt" partition coefficients. The physicochemical experimental evidence presented shows the driving forces behind the fractional evolution of the mantle magmas and diamond-parental melts. Given the depth and breadth of its coverage, the book offers researchers essential new insights into the ways diamonds and associated minerals and rocks are naturally created.
1. Earth's mantle mineralogy of diamond and associated phases
2. High-pressure experimental mineralogy of diamond genesis
3. Physicochemical experimental study of diamond genesis under the Earth's upper mantle conditions (within 150 - 250 km depth)
4. Physicochemical experimental study of "super-deep" diamond genesis under the Earth's lower mantle conditions (over 670 km depth)
5. Mantle-carbonatite conception of diamond and associated minerals origin
6. Genetic role of partition coefficients for diamond-parental melts and associated minerals
7. Fractional magmatic evolution of the Earth's mantle material and diamond-parental melts
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS has enriched my life with knowledge for many years now
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985